Teddy Bear News
Five Ways to Help National Parks
Author: teddygirl | Saturday January 26, 2008
The following is from the National Parks Conservation Association, an organization that is protecting parks for future generations.
1. Walk softly. Collect memories and photos, not plants and artifacts.
2. Speak up for parks. Visit NPCA's Take Action Center online at www.npca.org for updates on park needs and easy ways to contact Congress and make a difference.
3. Stop alien invasions. Check your shoes, clothing, and vehicle to be sure you don't carry seeds from one park to another.
4. Leave your vehicle behind. Consider carpools, bicycles, public transportation, and other low-impact options where available.
5. Volunteer. Contact any National Park Service office or local park friends group and volunteer to help preserve the places you love for future generations.
For more information, visit NPCA's website.